Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Prose Poetry (Empty Room Redux)

"Motionless"

The sunshine is gone.
I get back to my room and it is empty.
It is now only a room.
White walls, white ceiling and a wood floor.
The windows have been left open and there are no shades.
I cannot see outside for it is night and there is no moon.
The door behind me is locked, the closet is as well.
The floor is slick to the touch, I try to sit,
but I slip and fall on my back and hit my head on the hardwood surface.
I cry like a child would,
with uncontrollable weeping down red cheeks onto the floor.
Tears bead up on the floor, but cease to seep in.
I close my eyes.

When my eyes open there is no sunlight,
but instead a strange glow from outside.
It fills the room with an icy blue.
It is the day, but only the moon shines here.
Shades have appeared around the window since I have fallen asleep, but nothing more.
They flutter in a constant artic breeze.
The outside glow graces the fabric of the shades and paints the wall opposite of the window with dancing shadows.
The moon is white without a face and the ground outside is covered by snow.
The glow reflects off the surface of the snow giving everything an eerie bluish tint.
The color of cold.
My eyes shut again.

I wake up one last time.
I cannot move and my clothes are gone.
The room is covered in layer of ice.
I am on my side, with my cheek against the floor.
My hand planted flat on the floor in front of me,
with my fingers spread wide.
Out of focus between my hand and my face are the frozen beads of tears.
I want to close my eyes, but they are frozen now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home