Thursday, April 20, 2006

"I like you"

Love (Origin: An Indo-Iranian word. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the English word "love" is derived more immediately from Old English lufu, luvu, or lubu, which derived from luba of Old High German. The luba of Old High German derived from leubh, lubet, and libet of Sanskrit and Old Aryan, meaning “pleasing.”) has several different meanings in the English language, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that meal") to something for which one would die for (patriotism, pair-bonding). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love. As an experience usually felt by a person for another person, it is commonly considered impossible to describe. Dictionaries tend to define love as deep affection or fondness.[1] In colloquial use, according to polled opinion, the most favoured definitions of love include the words.

Recently I got into a conversation about three words: "I love you." In this conversation one of the most important points to come up was the fact that these words have little meaning or depth anymore. They are said all through the day by many people without much thought or meaning. When I said them it meant something, really meant something, now that I am alone, I do not say the words very much... I reserve them for people that truly deserve to hear them. I know people that say it to everyone, but do they really mean it? And if they do, then to what extent to they mean it? I find it hard to respond to people who are friends who say it, I cannot say it back because I do not love them, is that wrong?

For good music and interesting people and myself go here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home